Top 30 Google Adwords Interview Questions & Answers,
Digital marketing Interview Questions & Answers
ADWORDS QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
1) Explain what is AdWords?
Ans- AdWords is a system that Google has created to accommodate in marketing product or services on Google search engine and its affiliated sites. It appears as a text ad that is displayed when people search for keywords that are linked with your product, service or an offering.
2) Explain how AdWords work?
Ans- Adword directly works under a bidding system and by bidding I mean the price of a particular add. More the price, higher the ranking of the add. Also, these AdWords work on ‘pay per click’ which means you only pay the amount you have quoted, only if somebody clicks on your add.
3) Explain why to use Google AdWords?
Ans- For Google AdWords few visitors will value more than a million visitors as the traffic that is generated from surfing information wouldn’t really want to buy the product. Whereas, traffic is generated through pay per click those people know what they are clicking at and what they want to buy. Therefore, that traffic is way more valuable.
4) Explain what is Ad rank?
Ans- Ad rank basically determines the position of your ad on Google page and it is determined by one’s bid for the keyword.
5) Explain how does a Google auction work?
Ans- The auction is run billion times a month and users finds ads that falls in the category they are looking for. The search engine processes it and fixes the rank positions based on the auction which is again in relation to the cost per click.
6) Explain what is Google Quality Score?
Ans- Quality score of Google ensures the viability of your ad to the user, primarily based on your ad’s CTR, i.e. the quality of your landing page and its keyword relevance. Better the quality score, you’ll be able to save money on your ads and also maintain a better ranking.
7) Explain what is an ad group in Google AdWords?
Ans- Ad group is a vessel of your keywords, advertisements, and landing pages. If one prepares AdWord campaigns that are properly structured then Google also rewards those advertisers. It is advisable to organize keywords into theme for a better structure
8) Explain what is conversion optimizer in AdWords?
Ans- Conversion Optimizer in Google AdWords is a tool for bid manipulation that decides as to which clicks on the ad will add value to it. It helps in getting a better return on investment.
9) Mention in Google AdWords that options can’t be changed after creating an account?
Ans- Once creating an account Currency and Time Zone cannot be changed. therefore it is recommended to fill in the details carefully.
10) Explain as to how can you improve conversion rates?
Ans- By creating ads that match properly with keywords and create tightly themed ad groups, you can target users to the campaign that helps in conversions.
Knowledge Based Google AdWords Interview Questions and Answers
11) What is the benefit of using broad matches with negative keywords, instead of exact match keywords by themselves?
Ans- Your ad will attract more traffic and you can create keyword lists more quickly.
12) What are Google Ad Extensions?
Ans- The Google Ad extentions are mentioned as following:
Mobile app extensions
Image and drop down navigation Ad extension
13) What is the formula to find CTR (Click Through Rate)? Does CTR help in improving quality score?
Ans- The formula to find CTR is as follows- (Total clicks / Total impressions) X 100.
Yes, CTR does help in improving quality score.
14) What is the most important factor in determining your ad position
Ans- The most important factor in determining ad position is Cost per Click or CPC. Whereas, CTR or Click Through Rate comes second.
15) If you manage several AdWords accounts and have created a standard password for all of your client’s accounts, which additional information is needed to access the client account?
Ans- You would need a unique email id as these will manage single MCC account
16) How do you calculate ROAS (Return On Ad Spend)?
Ans- It’s the ratio of sales/spend.
E.g.- An INR 50,000 in sales for INR 10,000 budget has 5:1 ROAS.
17) What does broad match modifier stand for in Google AdWords? How do you denote broad match modifier?
Ans- The broad match modifier lets us create keywords that have more reach as compared to the phrase match and more control than broad match. Incorporating modified broad match keywords to one’s campaign can makes it easier for them in getting more clicks and conversion at a minimal ROI.
You implement the modifier by putting a plus symbol (+) directly in front of one or more words in a broad match keyword. The words to which a + is added must be there in the user search query to trigger your ads.
18) What is maximum length of Destination URL?
Ans- 1024 characters is the maximum length of a destination URL.
19) What factors affect landing page quality?
20) What are Automatic and managed placements?
Ans- Managed placements basically lets you choose the location of your ads whereas automatic ads doesn’t give that option. So you can manage your managed ads on location network.
21) What are the first steps you should take if your ads get disapproved for any reason?
Ans- If in case your ads gets disapproved, you’ll get a notification in regard to it along with an email. Once you know why have your ads been disapproved then you can work on editing you ad and fix the problem there and then. Sometimes, you need to make changes in your ad text and in other cases we may need to edit both which means ad along with website.
22) Can you bid on competitor trademark terms in Google? Can you use them in your ads? What is the character limit for the headline of a search text ad?
Ans- Google AdWords generally only blocks the use of trademarked terms in the ad copy but does not prevent advertising on trademark keyword terms themselves. Also, headlines should contain a maximum of 25 characters at max.
23) What is the significance of Impression share metric?
Ans- Impression share = impressions / total eligible impressions
Impressions are estimated using various factors including targeting settings, approval statuses, quality and etc. Impression share data is accessible for campaigns, ad groups, product groups and for various keywords.
It is a good way to elaborate on whether the ads will reach more people if you increase your bid or budget, basically is it viable or not.
24) What feature in PPC ads allows you to automatically include the user’s query into the ad text?
Ans- User’s query into text can be automatically included by Dynamic Keyword Insertion or Keyword insertion in general. You can also read our blog on PPC interview questions and answers to get well versed with PPC as well.
25) What is Phrase match? How do you denote it? What keyword match type is used by Google if you do not specify a match?
Ans- Phrase match allows your ad to be displayed to the potential customer when he writes the exact same keywords along with some more words.
26) Can you directly link to a product brochure in PDF in your AdWords ad?
Ans- No, this can’t be done.
27) Which report allows you to view performance data for search queries that triggered your ad and received clicks in AdWords?
Ans- Search Term Report is the only report that helps you to view performance data for search queries that might have triggered your ad and received clicks in AdWords.
28) Does Google page rank (PR) of a landing page help in quality score?
Ans- No, both page rank and quality score and not at all related to each other.
29) What is the difference between CPM, CPC and CPV bidding?
Ans- CPM : Cost Per Thousand is the amount you pay per thousand impressions that you receive, the amount has no relation with ad clicks.
CPC : Cost Per Click is the amount that you agree with the advertiser to pay only for the clicks you receive on your landing page.
CPV: is when advertisers pay for each unique user view of an advertisement or website (usually used with pop-ups, pop-unders and interstitial ads). Cost per view on youtube is more aligned with video marketing, where you pay Google for viewing your ad. CPV may also mean cost per visitor where an advertiser pays you for driving each unique visitor to her site.
30)Your advertiser calls you and is very upset that they’re not seeing their ads when they type in their keywords into the search engines. Why might this be happening?
The keywords they are using, must not be included in the AdWords account or otherwise ads are disapproved or the targeting location where they are trying to view your ads may not be proficient
We highly exhort their SEO And SMO to tryout over all Digital Marketing services
Hi everyone my name is shadab alam and I had come to Hyderabad for do the digital marketing course I have attend the demo class in many institute but here in rakesh tech solutions we get real time study and the fee is affordable so if you are looking for digital marketing course so don’t waste your time. join rakesh tech solutions.
Hi, I would like some help with my facebook page for my food truck business. Can you tell what services can you offer?
iam interested this job